Welcome to our Retirement Insider Video Series.
Planning and saving for retirement can be a challenge for all of us at some point in our lives. At Roehl & Yi Investment Advisors, we believe smart choices today lead to more choices in the future.
In this video, The Path to Retirement in Your 20s and 30s, we look at five things retirement plan participants can do to help save for retirement.
Many participants plan to retire at age 65 or may expect to work longer. We’ve seen three common obstacles that can derail even the best-laid plans.
- A health issue or disability.
- An employer goes out of business or downsizes.
- The necessity to become the primary caregiver for a spouse or family member.
- 01:38: Saving $500 to $1,000 in an emergency fund and how the funds should be spent.
- 02:06: The importance of giving a name to every dollar by establishing a working budget.
- 02:30: Two unique approaches to eliminate debt by using the Debt Snowball and Avalanche model.
- 03:30: How participating in your company’s 401(k) plan can help you create a three-pronged savings framework.
- 04:54: The 1% challenge and its powerful impact on your savings accumulation over time.
Roehl & Yi is committed to providing quality enrollment and educational resources. Employees deserve tools to manage their investments and financial future so they can make sound decisions.
If you would like to speak with a Roehl & Yi financial advisor about your company retirement strategy, please call 888-683-4343.
This message is provided for informational purposes only and contains information that is not suitable for everyone. Nothing herein should be construed as the provision of personalized investment advice.