Due diligence is the foundation of our investment management strategy. Our due diligence process begins with the four Ps: performance, process, philosophy, and people. After all our analysis is conducted, we want to answer this question: Do We Trust Our Clients’ Money with These Managers?
Our most recent special guest is Jeffrey Sherman. Mr. Sherman is Deputy Chief Investment Officer and Portfolio Manager of Macro Asset Allocation at DoubleLine Capital. DoubleLine is a $135 billion dollar asset management firm that is well known for investing in the bond market.
Jeff oversees and administers DoubleLine’s Investment Management subcommittee and hosts a popular podcast, The Sherman Show™, which features amazing guests ranging from Wall Street’s best-known strategists to life coach Tony Robbins. He’s a regular commentator on CNBC and Bloomberg.
Jeff has over two decades of experience in commodities, futures, swaps, derivatives, structured products, asset allocation, and quantitative portfolio management. He currently resides in Santa Monica, California.
This interview took place on January 12, 2022.
- 4:14: Jeffrey examines the challenges in fixed income in 2022 and remarks on the historical first of the bond market experiencing two consecutive years of negative returns. He also gives insights on why this phenomenon is occurring and what investors can do to lessen the downside.
- 11:30: He offers his views on inflation over the next 12 months and describes the dynamic between the cost of goods versus the cost of services, and how these two may reduce inflation to the low four percent range as opposed to the current seven percent being experienced.
- 16:04: Jeffrey discusses the Federal Reserve’s likely strategy to battle inflation via a series of rate increases and what that could mean for supply and demand, the economy, and risk markets.
- 23:01: He weighs in on the Cryptocurrency craze and what he thinks about the fascinating technology and the innovation of the blockchain platform.
- 34:06: Jeffrey shares personal nuggets and laments on his love-hate relationship with Apple.
The views and opinions expressed here are as of the date recorded and should not be construed as an offer to buy or sell any securities. Such views and opinions may differ from those of Roehl & Yi Investment Advisors and are subject to change without notice.
If you would like to speak with a Roehl & Yi financial advisor about your wealth management and investment strategy, please call 888-683-4343.