[Second Edition] Money Manager Video.
Due diligence is the foundation of our investment management strategy. Our due diligence process begins with the four Ps: performance, process, philosophy, and people.
After all our analysis is conducted, we want to answer this question: Do We Trust Our Clients’ Money with These Managers?
Our most recent special guest is Daniel Davidowitz. Mr. Davidowitz is a Portfolio Manager and Analyst at Polen Capital where he also formerly served as the head of its Large Company Growth Team. Dan has over two decades of experience in investment management and holds an MBA in Finance and Investments from Baruch College in New York City.
This interview took place on September 2, 2021.
Interview Highlights Part 1:
- 01:57: Daniel shares his proven methodology, whose foundation relies on growth-focused portfolios that include only the most financially superior and competitively advantaged businesses.
- 03:14: He offers his view that market behavior and its predictions are largely irrelevant to achieve healthy investment returns.
- 08:22: Daniel shares his five propriety investing guardrails every company must meet in order to be considered a quality investment.
- 23:22: He discusses China and the advantages, caveats, and nuances of investing abroad in this country.
Interview Highlights Part 2:
- 01:53: Dan walks us through his multi-layered investment selection process that typically lasts at least eight months, spanning multiple quarters of analysis.
- 06:22: He shares his unique perspective on their team culture and how he believes autonomous work results in better outcomes for clients.
- 18:24: Dan offers his perspective on how the pandemic underscores and proves there is a lot we cannot predict, and a solid investment strategy becomes even more paramount.
The views and opinions expressed here are as of the date recorded and should not be construed as an offer to buy or sell any securities. Such views and opinions may differ from those of Roehl & Yi Investment Advisors and are subject to change without notice.
If you would like to speak with a Roehl & Yi financial advisor about your wealth management and investment strategy, please call 888-683-4343.